Friday, February 19, 2010

It's All in the Timing

For he says, “At an acceptable time I have listened to you, and on a day of salvation I have helped you.” See, now is the acceptable time; see, now is the day of salvation!

2 Corinthians 6:2


I was in the Ash Wednesday service at Peace Lutheran in Charlottesville this week. The past week had been pretty stressful because I had some pretty major things hanging over my head. I had gotten them done earlier in the day and I felt tons better. As I listened to these words in the service, they spoke to me. I remembered someone saying that sometimes God's time is waiting for us to be ready. I felt like that was what happened to me. I had to be ready to take a step on my own, and that was what made the time right for things to work out. In the same way we are not meant to be a passive people, but to act out our faith on a daily basis.

http://kairosverse.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment