Monday, March 15, 2010

Being Put to the Test


No testing has overtaken you that is not common to everyone. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tested beyond your strength, but with the testing he will also provide the way out so that you may be able to endure it.

I Corinthians 10:13 (NRSV)


This was one of the verses in the second lesson on Sunday, March 7th. I underlined it. I've been carrying it around in my back pocket ever since until I got around to writing a blog post on it. This verse spoke right to me in church that day. I've been having a tough time of things lately, and this was a nice reminder that God won't give me anything that I can't handle. When you're struggling to see daylight, it's hard to get out one step at a time. Instead it's easier just to ignore your problems. Sure, they often get worse, but if you ignore them, it doesn't matter, right? The funny thing is, even if you ignore them, God doesn't give you anything you can't handle. No matter how bad things are, you can get through them. One step at a time. One day at a time. God is always there beside you - and that's a good reminder to have.

http://kairosverse.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment