Friday, February 8, 2013

Height and Depth


38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 8:38-39
I took this picture in Brazil.  It immediately brought this verse to mind.  It was a lonely time for me - three weeks in a foreign country on business and no one to talk to because my Internet didn't work.  Seeing this cliff over the sea evoked the idea of height and depth and reminded me that even in the midst of a place where I knew no one, God was still there.  In fact, off to the left of the frame, across the water, was a giant statue of Jesus called Christ the Redeemer.

To me, this picture is a reminder that we all feel far from God and our fellow man, but that He is always there.

http://kairosverse.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment