Thursday, July 8, 2010

Post- Kairos Lethargy


30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
       and young men stumble and fall;
 31 but those who hope in the LORD
       will renew their strength.
       They will soar on wings like eagles;
       they will run and not grow weary,
       they will walk and not be faint.

Isaiah 40:30-31(NIV)




Pastor Kristin Hunsigner put this verse on my warm-fuzzy at Kairos this year. (For those of you who don't know, warm fuzzies are little postcards youth event participants send to each other through the week.)  When I got back on Friday, I had to go to work on Saturday, and then again on Monday.  Usually I catch up on my sleep by taking a 24 hour nap.  Not so this year, and my recovery has been kinda slow.

I kinda thought this verse was perfect for how I'm feeling now.  I'm tired and haven't had enough free time to reflect, finish warm fuzzies or even fire up my XBox 360. Having that time to reflect is important.  Like studying for a test, repetition is important.  So I encourage you to read over the verses from our week (I Peter 4 (Yes the whole chapter) and reflect upon them.  Now that you're done with your time away from the world, what do you think about the verses we spent the week living?

http://kairosverse.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment