Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Adminstering God's Grace


10Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.

1 Peter 4:10 (NIV)


Today's passage was inspired by an experience I had Sunday with my cell phone. It died. I had to go to the Apple store to get it fixed and I had about 5 minutes to get there due to extended goodbyes. :) So Sarah Yucha offered to go with me to help me find it. We got in my car, and it wouldn't start. :( Not one to give up, she said, "Let's take my jeep!" So we did. We drove into the Short Pump mall, which is a huge outdoor mall. It's a bit confusing if you have never been to one. Sarah knew where to look , and we literally walked into the store with seconds to spare.

It was like walking into California. People were everywhere hanging out with Macs. The salespeople/cashiers wandered the stores chatting with people. At the very back of the place were people in different shaded blue shirts. These were the "geniuses" I needed to fix my phone. I knew none of this. Sarah knew it all, and pointed to the screen taht showed my name like an airplane arrival list. We had made it in time. After a DMV-like wait in a coffee shop background, it was my turn. My phone was replaced in two minutes. I was back in business.

If it hadn't been for Sarah, and her dad who had suggested making the appointment that morning, my day would have been much more stressful than it was. After I learned my lesson about material things (see Monday's verse), God sent me someone to help me out. Sarah didn't use an encyclopedic knowledge of the Bible or share her faith story with me. She helped me out in a stressful time. She was calm, collected and smiling - her usual charming self. She helped me out in a small way, but it had a big impact on my life, and it made me thankful for her. It also made me thankful for the many other people that God puts in my life, and how on a daily basis they help me out in big and little ways. Today's picture is of a pink sunset. I chose it because it display's Meredith's talent of finding beauty everywhere, and because pink is Sarah's favorite color. :)

Who has God put in your life to help you today?

http://kairosverse.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment