Friday, August 7, 2009

Love Each Other


My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.

John 15:12 (NIV)


Today's verse is part of a three-parter for the weekend. The theme is following Jesus' commandment to love one another, and how the Bible tells us to do that. Today we have Jesus telling us to love one another as He loves us. He set an example and He asks us to follow it.

Every time I think what it means to love like Christ, I think about loving those I would first judge. For me, that's people who aren't Christians, and people who have politically different opinions. I find myself often disregarding what they have to say and not wanting to associate with them. So when I think about this, I think about not just tolerating, but trying to understand people who have different points of view. Then when I encounter people who don't think as I do, I have a loving way of relating to them and disagreeing without judging, and without acrimony (being mean).

http://kairosverse.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment